Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fun with food!

I have been looking for baking soda for a month!  Is it in baking or spices?  Oh, it's called bikarbonat!  Finally found it at the Coop!  (it's the little things!)  One of the things I do miss (and I've had conversations about!) is Pam... it's sold in the American store for $12/can!  I'll survive. I love the parchment papers that come in a roll pre-cut to baking sheet size.  I've also bought the paper muffin cups.
Taco Tubs....  that we re-named Taco Boats... A fun discovery that makes a lot of sense... it doesn't break into pieces when you bite into it!  It was also a winner for dinner for a night! 

Yes, spaghetti tacos are alive and well, maybe we'll start a new trend in Sweden!

Meringues are quite popular here (along with a lot of other baked goods... how are these people so skinny?  Oh right, all those parks, paths, hills, bikes, etc... the reason my knees ache every night!)  Anyways, I made my own.  The girls were suitably impressed!  I also made a raspberry version but added too much raspberry so they were too sticky... (but still tasted good) will do less next time.  Will also try a nutella version! 



No comments: